Tuesday, July 20, 2010

to live for Him

on the very first day in Nashville we had to write our goals for the upcoming two weeks. i honestly wrote what had been laid on my heart for a while. i put this list in my notebook and moved on. i read it on the last day of camp and was struck by how many i had grown in. i set it back in my notebook and forgot about it.
until this morning, that is. i read the list and realized it wasnt just a notecard of my goals for the two weeks of mission work, it was a list of goals for my life. a list of things i need to grow and improve on. here is my plea: for those who read this to keep me accountable for these. to assist me in moving forward, to urge me into action. to keep me from staying stagnant and stationary.

here are my unedited and uncensored goals. this is what was written on that notecard in my journal. this is my prayer for the Lord, that He will move and me and complete His work that has been started in my heart. Im not perfect, I never will be. But i yearn to live for Him and to run towards Him, to strive for His kingdom.

Goals:
  • for God to humble me to the point where i can see where i need improvement.
  • strengthen my convictions
  • to see ways to minister daily and to seize those opportunities
  • to stop being self-centered and to abandon my dreams to God; to let HIm plan my life
  • to have the courage to follow through with everything i learn here
  • to be satisfied in Him ALONE
  • to be humbled enough to learn daily
  • to really feel, know, and experience God's unrelenting love and salvation to the fullest extent. to cast away my insecurities, regrets, and worries.
  • to have the faith to take action and witness.
  • push my limits
  • love others fully and without holding anything back
  • make a life change
God, this is my prayer.
You know my heart, my insecurities, my doubts and my failures. You know my dreams, desires, and plans. Help me search for You in every second of my life. I pray that not a minute goes by where i'm not reminded of Your love and the gift of life You so freely gave. I pray that i follow through on these goals, that i carry them with me every day. Please continue to move in my life. Help me stay focused on You, to not get so easily sidetracked by this world and my selfishness and pride. I love You for being gracious, compassionate, slow to anger, yet abounding in love. I can never fully thank You for not giving up on me. It's my goal to live for You. Strengthen me, embolden me, give me courage to live for You.
In Your precious and holy name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment