Friday, July 9, 2010

seeking confidence

Where do i seek my confidence?
compliments, the mirror, the scale, through others. thats where i used to search for it. Last year, at SLA, i noticed how joyful and secure in myself i was while there. I was focusing on running towards the Lord, so i stopped caring if i had on makeup for the day, i stopped noticing if i looked this world's definition of "perfect" before running out the door. Flash forward to senior year. my confidence is firm at the beginning of the year, i'm not looking to others to make me feel satisfied or approved of. that is, of course, until someone completely tears me down and makes me feel insecure as i was before SLA. after April, i decided to not let others define my happiness and the way i feel about myself. The King of Kings, my Heavenly Daddy loves me just how i am. He delights in me. He made me this way, all my quirks and insecurities, all my shining aspects and my most annoying habits. He loves me in spite of this...He loves me because of this. So now that i have stopped looking to my peers to seek self-confidence, where do i look for in search of a confidence of life? it would previously come from feeling wanted and loved by the world, but that's not it anymore. I was made to stand out, to be set apart, and an outcast for the Lord.
"I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord:
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord."
-Psalm 27:13-14

This is where i am confident. The Lord loves me, He has prepared a place for me in His kingdom, so I will be strong and take heart for Him. I am waiting for something better than this earth, so it doesn't matter if i have the approval, ok, or support of this world. I have something better, the confidence in a King.

No comments:

Post a Comment