Thursday, July 8, 2010

for You i sing i dance

The fullness of Your grace is here with me
The richness of Your beauty’s all I see
The brightness of Your glory has arrived
In Your presence God, I’m completely satisfied

For You I sing I dance
Rejoice in this divine romance
Lift my heart and my hands
To show my love, to show my love

A deep deep flood, an Ocean flows from You
Of deep deep love, yeah it’s filling up the room
Your innocent blood, has washed my guilty life
In Your presence God I’m completely satisfied
-Divine Romance, Phil Wickham

I listened to this song yesterday and was overcome with joy. Anybody who has been to a worship service with me, who has been to a concert with me, or who has even seen me anytime music is playing knows that i love to sing and dance. It's how i express myself. I can't stay silent or still whenever i hear music. This song, these lyrics, touch that part of me. i sing and i dance for a King of Kings. I sing because it's how i express my joy. my complete and utter love for the One who saved me. it's how i worship.

"Praise the Lord.
Praise Him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise Him with the harp and lyre,
Praise Him with Tambourine and dancing,
Praise Him with the clash of cymbals,
praise Him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord. "
-Psalm 150:1, 3-6

We are called to praise Him with everything we have. With complete abandonment I lift my hands and dance for the King. How lucky we are to have that opportunity. So yes, i dance like there is nobody watching, and I sing at the top of my lungs. I might look like i'm absolutely crazy to some, but i give it all to Him. Complete surrender of worship was the most meaningful realization i ever had. Once i stopped putting on a show for others and actually used that time to meet with God and to praise Him i was no longer focused on how it would look to others, i was actually loving Him. For Him, i sing and i dance. I rejoice in that divine romance.









No comments:

Post a Comment