Sunday, July 11, 2010

the beauty of youth

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
-1 Timothy 4:12

Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young.
I may be young. I may be carefree. I may have my own way of looking at the world. But that does not make me wrong. I have ideas, beliefs, a faith, a way of seeing the best in people, and a way of hoping in the face of reasons not to. These are all real. Nobody can take them from me. My innocence is by choice, but does not mean that I don't understand the world, that I do not see things as they are. Spontaneity does not negate intelligence. Free spirited does not mean immature.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton

Here I am, standing for what I believe in. I won't let the world define me. God gave me passion and curiosity and conviction for a reason. I chose what I believe in and what I fight for. My life was given to me by a God who blessed me with characteristics, opportunities, and resources. I am trying to make the best of them. While others might not agree, I will pursue these whole heartedly. I am not looking for approval or assistance of the world. I will chase what I feel led to, and if others do not agree then they can stand by and watch while I run for my God, while I run towards Him.

So mock me because I am young. Assume that I am ignorant and immature, that I am naive and wrong. Because I will prove to you that my God enables the passionate and the young. He gives me my eagerness to pursue relationships and new experiences. He gives me my conviction and assurance in my beliefs. I am strong because of Him. There are different ways of looking at a situation, those differences make me beautiful and loved by Him. So don't discount me. I may be young, but that doesn't make me incapable of being right, of being inspired, and of being able to pursue what I believe and know to be true. I will respect the belief of others, while holding my own opinion. and that, my friends, is the beauty of being young. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment