Saturday, January 1, 2011

the year i decided to really live

what if this was the year that we all decided to truly live? to shout our convictions, to release our inhibitions, and to follow our hearts. i can pinky promise that this is how i want to live this year, to live the rest of my life. this year i have the opportunity to make every day count for my Savior. we all have that option. i know i normally make each day count for me, but its time to make a change. i am encouraged by Paul's writing, found in Philippians 1:20-21. "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." this year to really live i must die to myself, give up the world, and submit wholly to Christ. i have faith that Christ will give me the courage to live for Him and His glory. in light of this i have decided to make a list of goals. not resolutions that will last two weeks then slowly fade on to the list of almosts. these are aspirations that i think will keep me focused on Christ and living for Him.

Goals:
uplift more - complain less. (Philippians 2:14-16)
hold hands - not grudges. (Matthew 18:35)
love freely without expecting any in return. (Romans 13:8)
search out the hurt, lonely, and unsaved. show them Christ as best as i can. (James 1:27)
stop seeking the approval of the world - seek the approval of my Heavenly Daddy. (Galations 1:10)
be faithful in all situations. (Hebrews 11:1)
no lying, embellishing, or stretching truth. (Psalm 15)
stop being so darn selfish and prideful. (Philippians 2:3-4)
sacrifice for others. (Mark 10:21)
stop tearing myself and others down. (Ephesians 4:31)
lean daily on Christ. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
boast of my Savior - not of myself. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
shrug off the small stuff. (James 1:19)
be quick to praise God. (Psalm 54:6)
always encourage others. (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17)
to become a Bible warrior.
to chase Christ.
to stand for Him alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment