Wednesday, September 14, 2011

faith in the face of Greatness.

what do you see when you envision Christ? i see a Father, a Friend. a compassionate Healer who never fails to forgive and wrap me in His arms. i see only mercy and lovingkindess. my Jesus is all these things, He is the suffering Servant who came to take our burdens.

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature
of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:5-11

My mind always focuses in on the first part. how my God came into our broken world and took everything we threw at Him. somehow i have managed to overlook the second half of this description. the other day in evans library, i was caught off guard when the Lord unveiled His face for a brief moment, and i saw Him. i felt His nearness more real than anything in this world. i was left on my knees, humbled and craving Him to the point of tears. what a glorious moment. what a glorious God. Here is what He showed me:

Yes, Jesus came to the world as a servant, humbled and led to the slaughter like a lamb. but where is He now? my King is enthroned at the right hand of the Father. He is a Savior, a Warrior, a Lord, ready for the day where He comes back and annihilates satan. our Conqueror is the one who kicked death in the teeth and said "Not today!" He holds the power to answer prayers, to ruin our plans, to build up nations and to move mountains. Jesus our King and Lord, is the one that inspired the great faith of Hebrews 11. go-grab your Bible right now, google it, call up a friend to read it to you. let it sink it.

HE is the cause for those displays of astounding confidence in our Lord. how can i not believe? how can i not follow? when i hear Him beckoning, how can i not run and scream "Send ME!"? He will rule this world one day-Satan flees in the face of His light. how can i ever have doubts, how can i let my insecurities hold any weight? MY JESUS IS KING. HE IS BIGGER THAN ANYTHING OF THIS WORLD. how often i forget that! He will literally destroy every tear, frustration, sadness, and doubt at the end of time. He already cast away every sin of mine. why do i not live like it? my Savior is greater than anything on this earth, truer than any lie, and bigger than any fear. that majesty, that might, is what empowers me. my Lord alone is enough to inspire faith great enough for Hebrews 11. there is nothing greater than my God.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Hebrews 12:1-3. this is the Truth. this is my Conquering King, my Enthroned Lord, and my Jesus. it is my focus, my heart's desire and my life's goal. here is where my faith is put. nothing can hold back my God. nothing can hold me back from chasing Him. let the reign of our Lord invade this earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment