Wednesday, December 15, 2010

sanctification. the process of love.

justification is the act of being saved. sanctification is the process of being made more like Christ. thank goodness my God has endless patience. im astounded time and time again by His grace. His ability to forgive and move forward, to work in a broken world, in broken people. I fall to my knees for His compassion daily. "The beauty of the cross is that Your grace has found me just as i am."

In YoungLife we were told, "God doesn't call the equipped. He equips the called."
that hit me hard. He sanctifies those He calls. He will make me ready and sends me out. all i have to do is say "Here i am Lord! Send me." i have faith in that. God dances among the ordinary. He works through the seemingly mundane. so i look for Him in the small things, our God is a God of details. He will speak to me through the tiniest of joys. i just need to listen. i have to be willing to change and let go of all my vices, my pride, my comfort. i have to be His.

Daddy,
my prayer tonight is that i will listen to You. that i will keep an open heart to hear Your will for me. i know i dont deserve it in any way, but i pray for Your forgiveness. Your love overwhelms me when i think about how many times ive broken Your heart. i want to be sanctified through You. make me like You so i can go out and reach others for Your kingdom. i want to be like Simeon, expectantly awaiting the day You come. Oh what a day! let me work for Your Kingdom in the process. change me to be like You. mold me, use me, make me Yours alone. God i pray that You will continue to break me down daily. break my heart and my pride. Break my holds to this world. I am justified, and for that i thank you so much. Sanctify me Lord. I want to be used by you. "Ruin my life, plans i have made. Ruin desires for my own selfish gain. Destroy the idols that have taken Your place. until it's You alone i live for." that's my prayer. that i would listen, learn and change.
Thank You for Your unfailing love.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment